1/15/09

Squirrel free! (for the moment)

So finally after 2 weeks of having 2 squirrels loose in the library, we were able to chase them out!

Running around was the last thing I wanted to do this morning after the scare I had just an hour before. Driving on my way to work this other guy and I were almost hit by another car. The guy was totally running a red light just to cut in front of me and the guy next to me just to get into my lane. Needless to say I'm happy that my breaks were working. Screeching tires first thing in the morning sure has a way of waking you up.

When I finally managed to make it to work things were none the less weirder than usual with the people that came up to the desk. We had one guy trying to steal a book, one was angry because the hours during the break weren't correct when he called it but was still angry that he drove all the way over just to see that we were closed, (even though before the break we always makes sure to have our hours posted to show the patrons...not our fault he refused to read) and just general stupidity. Along with that the added frustration of filling in for people that aren't here. I would go into more but I'm still trying to calm down. Let's just say if ever I leave my job without the worry of having to come back I'm torching a few things on my way out.

All of that aside; I'm still struggling with myself in trying to be happy and not cry so much over things. It's just difficult with the current living situation and no freedom to be who I am without offending anyone. I know I can do what I want to do but just getting myself to believe it is a totally different story. I still just try to take days one day at a time. I just hope I can stop crying every other day.

No comments: